Alameda has a long history of evangelizing throughout the world. From planting churches in Brazil to the campus of the University of Oklahoma, our mission is to make Jesus known wherever we go.
The mission efforts funded through the 2023 Missions Sunday collection are support for Jacob Bautista at the South Walker Church of Christ in Oklahoma City, to provide medicines for the Ecuador medical mission trip, support for Alameda members going on short-term foreign mission trips, support for Campus Missionary Shane Standerfer, and support for DuHope, an organization helping women in Rwanda.
You can learn more about each of our mission efforts by watching the videos below!
If you would like to donate to our 2023 mission efforts, click here or text the amount you'd like to give followed by the word "missions" (for example, "$50 missions") to 84321 and follow the prompts from there.
Please pray for our 2023 mission efforts.
7 Prayers for Missions
1. Pray that God continues to open doors for Alameda members to make Jesus known in our community and abroad.
2. Pray that God blesses South Walker Church of Christ and the work that the Bautistas are doing in Oklahoma City.
3. Pray for those that are served and ministered to by the Ecuador medical mission team.
4. Pray that God is glorified on Missions Sunday!
5. Pray that we will raise the funds needed for our mission efforts this year.
6. Pray that God will soften the hearts of those being ministered to through our mission efforts, that they may discover God's unfailing love and become disciples for Jesus Christ.
7. Pray for all of our 2023 mission efforts, that God uses our church body to continually share the truth of Jesus Christ.
Missions Opportunity in Norman!
Several of our Alameda members are involved in the Friends to International Students program at OU. They take time to get to know and show hospitality to international college students in Norman. If you are interested in this program, you can find more information and the application here.
Several Alameda members are part of a medical mission team that serves the people of Ecuador. Part of the Alameda missions budget goes toward medicines that the medical team uses to treat patients in the clinics they provide in Ecuador. We also have members that send sunglasses, baby blankets, feminine hygiene kits, and donations for bars of soap.
Last June (2022), the team served people that live in villages along the Cayapas River.
The 2023 medical mission trip in January served the people in the mountains.
Videos highlighting both trips are below.
Part of our Missions Sunday collection will go toward giving financial support for Alameda members to attend short-term mission trips. Examples of a few of these trips are highlighted in the video below!
Part of our Missions Sunday collection will go toward Shane Standerfer, our Campus Missionary.
Watch the video below to learn about Shane's ministry and the work he is doing to make Jesus known on the campus of the University of Oklahoma.
DuHope is an organization in Rwanda that is helping women leave sex work by providing the skills needed to make and sell jewelry.
In 2022, members of Alameda provided Bibles for the women at DuHope. One of our mission efforts for 2023 is to offer financial support to this organization.